Deadline for Golden Alumni Award Nominations Approaching
The Department of Animal Science, College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences at the University of Minnesota is excited to again call for nominations for the Golden Alumni Award. The award recognizes and honors an outstanding alumna or alumnus of the Department of Animal Science. The award will be presented during the Department’s annual showcase which highlights the work of our faculty and students.
Nominations are invited based on the following:
· One recipient will be chosen annually in February and invited to participate in the Department of Animal Science Showcase event in April. The award includes travel to campus and related expenses.
· Nominees must have received a baccalaureate or graduate degree from the Department of Animal Science.
· Current staff or faculty in the department or sitting Regents are not eligible for this award.
· Nominees are chosen based on their demonstrated distinction in their professional lives, recognition for outstanding contributions to animal agriculture and exceptional service to or volunteer activities in their field.
· This award is meant to recognize alumni in industry and/or academia, and is inclusive of all types of degree(s) earned.
Nominations consist of a letter highlighting the nominee’s accomplishments, a current resume, and two letters of support.
Nominations will be accepted at any time, but must be received by Tuesday, January 16th to be considered for the current year’s award. The award will be presented at the Department of Animal Science Showcase in April.
Nominations not previously selected will be held for two years. The recipient will be selected by the Communications Committee of the Department of Animal Science.
Nominations should be sent to:
(Please send PDF via email or USPS)
UMN Department of Animal Science
1364 Eckles Avenue, 305 Haecker Hall
St. Paul, MN 55108