Pedro E. Urriola
Research Assistant Professor
1988 Fitch Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
+1 612 624 1244
- Ph.D., Animal Science/Swine Nutrition, University of Illinois, 2010
- M.S., Animal Science/Swine Nutrition, University of Minnesota, 2006
- D.V.M. (eqv.), Veterinary Medicine, Universidad Central de Venezuela, 2003
- Sustainability of pork production by increasing utilization of abundant and sustainable sources of feed ingredients through evaluation of nutritional and physiological requirements.
- Improvement of nutritional utilization of alternative feed ingredients in diets for growing pigs.
- Nutritional evaluation of industrial co-products, especially with distillers dried grains with solubles, focusing on multiple aspects of energy, amino acids, phosphorus, and dietary fiber.
- Management and control of Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus transmission.
- ANSC 4401 Swine Nutrition (co-instructor)
- CVM 6842 Swine Disease Diagnostics, Therapeutics, and Prevention (guest lecturer)
- CVM 6945 Large Animal Medicine II - Introduction to Swine Health and Production (guest lecturer)
- Allen D. Leman Conference Planning Committee
- Pork Production Coaching Program for Argentinian Veterinarians
Honors & Awards
- Cargill Animal Nutrition Technology Circle Award: Development of NIR Calibration for Fatty Meals and Anti-nutritional Factors in Rapeseed Meal, 2012
- Young Scholar Award, American Society of Animal Science, 2011
- 1st Place Master's Student Oral Presentation Competition, American Society of Animal Science, 2007