Michael M. Schutz
305B Haecker Hall
1364 Eckles Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
+1 612 624 1205
- Ph.D., Iowa State University, Animal Breeding and Genetics, 1991
- M.S., University of Minnesota, Animal Breeding and Genetics, 1987
- B.S., University of Minnesota, Animal Science, 1984
- Dairy cattle genetics and management in the areas of pasture-based dairy farms and technologies for early intervention in animal disease.
- Optimum genetic selection for pasture-based dairy producers.
- Assessment of precision farming technologies for dairy cattle.
Honors & Awards
- Gary Sorg Memorial Award for Professional Achievement, Delta Chapter, Delta Theta Sigma, University of Minnesota, March 19, 2016.
- Golden Graduate Award, University of Minnesota Dairy Club, outstanding contributions to the dairy industry, February 21, 2016.
- Honorary American FFA Degree, National FFA, 2014.
- Cooperative Extension Team Award, Indiana Extension Educators Association, Indiana Dairy Youth Conference Team, 2013.
- International Award, Indiana Extension Educators Association, Farmer-to-Farmer Program: Food Security/Ethiopia, 2013.
- Steve Atkisson Indiana Dairy Service Award, Indiana Milk Quality Professionals, 2012.
- Team Award, Purdue University Cooperative Extension Specialists Association, Purdue Dairy Extension Team, 2011.
- Award of Merit, Purdue University Chapter of Gamma Sigma Delta, 2010.
- Honorary Professor, Faculty of Animal Science, Ion Ionescu de La Brad University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, Iasi Romania, 2009.
- President, Dairy Practices Council, 2009-2012; Vice President, 2006-2009.
- Eric G. Sharvelle Purdue University Distinguished Extension Specialist Award, 2008.
- Team Diversity Award, Epsilon Sigma Phi, for Sharing More Than a Border program, 2008.
- Achievement in Global Awareness, Epsilon Sigma Phi, 2008.
- Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service Team Award for Confined Animal Feeding Workshop Team, Lafayette, IN, October 2002.