Megan J. Webb
Assistant Professor & Beef Extension Specialist-Beef Production Systems
155A Haecker Hall
1364 Eckles Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108
+1 612 624 6789
- Ph.D., Animal Science, South Dakota State University, 2018
- M.S., Animal Science, Colorado State University, 2014
- B.S., Animal Science, Texas A&M University, 2012
- Determining beef production systems influence on cattle and carcass performance, meat quality, production economics, and environmental impacts.
- Discovering improvements for beef marketing according to consumer sensory and preferences.
- Evaluating gestating cow management influences on offspring growth and development.
- Assessing production management options to enhance calf economic value.
- South Dakota State University, Meat Lab Promotion and BBQ Bootcamp: Degrees of Doneness for Beef, 2018
- South Dakota State University, Beef 20/20 Extension Program, 2018
- South Dakota State University, BBQ Bootcamp Instructor, 2017
- University of Minnesota, MN State Fair, Processed Meats Judge, 2017
- American Meat Science Association, West-Region Student Board of Director, 2014
- International Livestock Congress USA and Canada, Delegate, 2012 and 2013
Honors & Awards
- American Meat Science Association (AMSA), PhD Student Poster Competition, 1st place, 2017
- South Dakota State University, Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award, 2017
- National Cattlemen’s Foundation, W.D. Farr Scholarship, 2017
- Meat Industry Suppliers Alliance (MISA) Foundation Scholarship, 2016
- Certified Angus Beef, Mick Colvin Scholarship, 2015
- International Congress of Meat Science and Technology (ICoMST), Uruguay, Student Poster Competition, 1st place, 2014