|Meat Science Laboratory:|
The Meat Science Laboratory is geographically located betwen the Department of Animal Science and the Department of Food Science and Nutrition in the Andrew Boss Laboratory of Meat Science building (ABLMS). The Meat Science Laboratory is a modern meat processing facility capable of processing both red meat and poultry species. In addition to the extension, research, and teaching capacities that the laboratory serves, fresh and processed meat products are also made available for purchase by the university community and interested parties, and some products may be featured in other university dining venues and events. Visit the Meat Science Laboratory.
Specialized laboratories provide modern equipment for basic science research. A broad spectrum of research, ranging from fundamental laboratory studies to farm-oriented applied projects, is conducted. Our current research areas include molecular, cellular, developmental, and growth biology, genetics (quantitative, molecular and functional), physiology and cell signaling, reproduction, nutrition (ruminant and non-ruminant), and production systems.
Research and teaching facilities designed for practical studies in beef and dairy cattle, poultry and swine production are located on the St. Paul Campus. Additional large herds and flocks are located at agricultural Research and Outreach Centers (ROCs) in communities throughout Minnesota. The ROCs support research and enable the department to deliver education to the inner city as well as rural areas.
|Conference & Event Facilties:|
155F Haecker Hall
265G Haecker Hall
305D Haecker Hall
365 Haecker Hall
375 Haecker Hall (Library)
430 Haecker Hall
445 Haecker Hall (Computer Lab)
495 AnSc/VetMed Bldg
Questions? Please contact one of the following to inquire about conference and event facilities:
- Animal Science Building Access Request Form (Word doc)
- ApEc-FANS Purchasing Card and Purchase Order Form (pdf)
- Employee Expense Worksheet
- Lab Use Agreement - Form OGC-SC104 (Word doc)
- Services Agreement - Form OGC-SC102 (Word doc)
- Statement in Lieu of Receipt (pdf)
- Student Hiring Form: Word doc / pdf
- U of M Forms Library
- U of M Standard Contracts Library
Keys / Key Card Access
- Keys for Haecker Hall, Andrew Boss Lab of Meat Science (ABLMS), Animal Science Veterinary Medicine Bldg (ASVM), and the St. Paul Campus Animal Facilities: Contact Bonnie Rae (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Key Card Access to Animal Science Buildings: Complete the ANSC Bldg Access Request Form; submit the form to Dana Souther (email@example.com).
- Keys and/or Key Card Access to the Animal Science Veterinary Medicine Building (ASVM): Complete the CVM Key Request Form; email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: Requests for keys to a few of the rooms in ASVM need to be made through Bonnie Rae (email@example.com).
- Access to Research Animal Resources (RAR): Complete the Initial Clearance Form; submit form to firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to your PI. Once the form has been submitted, you will receive an email advising you of the required training and when the training will be available.