Samuel K. Baidoo
Associate Professor-Swine Production
35838 120th Street
Waseca, MN 56093-4521
+1 507 837 5626
- Post-doctorate, University of Alberta, 1989
- Ph.D., University of Alberta, 1989
- M.S., University of Alberta, 1984
- B.S. (Agric.), University of Cape Coast, Ghana, 1979
- Dip. Education, University of Cape Coast, Ghana, 1979
- Nutrition and management factors to enhance economic and environmentally sustainable swine production.
- Energy and amino acids nutrition of sows and impact on sow productivity and longevity.
- Evaluation of alternative feeds and feeding and management strategies to improve economic efficiency in swine production.
- ANSC 2401: Animal Nutrition (course lecture & exam)
- ANSC 3609: Business Planning for Animal Enterprises (co-instructor)
- ANSC 8311: Animal Biogenetics (co-instructor)
- ANSC 8312: Protein Metabolism (co-instructor)
- ANSC 8330: Concepts and Developments in Animal Nutrition (co-instructor)
- Minnesota Nutrition Conference
- Minnesota Pork Conference
- Minnesota Pork Producers Training Program
- Pork Quality Assurance Certification Program
- Allen D. Leman Swine Conference
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Graduate Faculty Award, Graduate Student Club, Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN, 2015.
- Outstanding Graduate Faculty Award for Teaching, Counseling and Advising, Department of Animal Science, 2002.
- The Education Award - Manitoba Pork Stewardship Award for Excellence in Teaching, Research and Extension, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, 1999.
- Teacher of the Year Award, Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, 1999.
- Faculty Award for Teaching Excellence in Animal Science, Lakeland College, Vermilion, Alberta, Canada, 1992.