College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences
Mohamed E. El Halawani
Department of Animal Science
495D An Sci/Vet Med
1988 Fitch Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108-6014
- Ph.D., University of California-Davis
- Reproductive problems in avian species.
- Interrelations between prolactin, gonadotropins, and ovarian function.
- Control and regulation of hormones by the brain.
- Neurochemical control of prolactin release.
- ANSC 1021: Avian Sampler (guest lecturer)
- ANSC 3501: Farm Animal Environment
- ANSC 3301 Human and Animal Physiology (co-instructor)
- CVM 6880: Avian Core (guest lecturer)
Honors and Awards
- Ranelius Award, Minnesota Turkey Growers Association, 2009
- University of Minnesota Inventor Recognition for Research Patents, 2005-06
- Gamma Sigma Delta Award of Merit, 2000
- National Turkey Federation Research Enhancement Award, 1993
- Merck Award for Achievement in Poultry Science, 1990